Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Marriage Lesson #16: Men are Men

Yesterday I went and cut 3 inches off my hair. It was getting too long, scraggly and hard to manage. I decided not to tell Ben though so I could put him to the test- Would he notice? I, like any other naive and innocent newlywed, thought "Of course he'll notice 3 inches gone!". Does anyone want to guess the end of the story? When I picked him up from school he didn't mention it so I finally asked if he noticed anything different. He looked at me, then began to guess. "Uh, you shaved your legs? That's a new shirt? You cut your hair? You dyed it? Oh, I know, highlights? Right?" Needless to say, I was a little put out and threatened to get a pixie cut next time just so that he'll notice instantly.
Although in the dog house for a few moments, he was quickly forgiven when my visiting teachers came later in the night and didn't say a word about it. Then before going to bed he said, "You know why I don't think I noticed your hair cut? Because it's the same length it was when we started dating." And he's right. Bottom line: Ben is a man, and I love him.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny Athena! Ben would notice the pixie thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! how are you??? i found you through melmer's blog. how goes married life? work? you have had a great summer it looks like and that is so exciting! i agree, men will always be men and may not notice a lot of things and if they do, they won't know how to say it the way they think we want to hear it said, so they don't say anything at all! hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete