Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween has come and gone but I have to share some pictures of our cute little girl. Wednesday night was our ward party and unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. I must mention however, that for the second year in a row Ben won a prize in the chili cook-off. He's such a stud.

Nayeli had a great time at the party and loved seeing the other kid's costumes. I dressed up as a tiger (the same costume I wore last year) and Nayeli was a pumpkin. However the next morning (Halloween) she found my cat ears and put them on. I was just fine with that and thought they worked great with her striped pants.

 My cute little tiger

We spent the morning at the library for story time. They had a fun "spooky" story time and then let the kids march around the library in a parade. Nayeli loved it. 

That night we were invited to a friend's house for a dinner of pumpkin pancakes. We decided to Trick-or-Treat on the way back from dinner. 

Ready to trick-or-treat

 She looks thrilled, doesn't she?

This is after I told her that we couldn't see our neighbor's "doggie" until after dinner. Keep in mind she had not had a nap all day.

A sad pumpkin who just wanted to go see the "doggie". Luckily she was able to drown her sorrows in pumpkin pancakes with whipped cream. Delicious.

After dinner we trick-or-treated a few apartments but each time they put candy in Nayeli's bag she wanted it immediately. So I let her have a piece after every door. What we ended up with was a chocolatey and content pumpkin in need of a bath.

 I think this face is evidence that our Halloween was a success.

1 comment: